Apply to Participate in CYSHCNet’s Advisory Committee
Help our national group of researchers create studies that improve the health care system for children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and their families. Deadline for applications is August 10, 2023.
What you need to know
- The Advisory Committee meets quarterly on Zoom.
- The total time commitment for the year is ~12 hours.
- If you have lived experience as a CYSHCN or are a “lived experience partner” (i.e., someone who cares for a child with a special health care need), you will receive $600/year for participating.*
- If you are a clinician or otherwise employed in the CYSHCN field, we invite you to participate as a volunteer.
- Experience in one of the following areas is helpful but not required: caregiving, dissemination, research, policy work, health care financing, program development, clinical care for CYSHCN, legal skills, public relations, or communications.
If you want to help make systems of care better for children and their families, apply today.
Learn more and apply
The 2023/2024 cohort will begin in September. Applications are due by 5 p.m. on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2023.
If you have questions or need help applying, email Charlene Shelton.
*More opportunities may be available. See the informational packet for details.
Help us reach more people by sharing with your network!
Who Should Apply?
We’re interested in hearing from children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and anyone who supports them. This includes:
- People with lived experience, such as youth, family members, and caregivers
- Academic researchers who work with CYSHCN across disciplines
- Clinicians of various disciplines who work with CYSHCN
- State or federal employees employed in the CYSHCN field
- Anyone with expertise in CYSHCN field